Vitamins For Height Growth:
Below are listed 6 best vitamins to increase height.
1. Vitamin B1:
- The digestive system is also maintained by the intake of this vitamin.
- It provides blood supply to the organs thus contributing to the proper growth of the body.
- It also helps in maintaining the proper functioning of the heart and nervous system.
- Some important sources containing vitamin B1 are peanuts, soybeans, rice and pork.
Vitamin B is one of the vitamin that will help you grow taller.
How to Use: Vitamin B is abundant in poultry such as pork, chicken and bread, soya beans etc. Make it a point to include them at least thrice in your diet.
2. Vitamin D:
It is most important of all vitamins which help the bones to make them long and strong. Evening sunlight also brings in the necessary vitamin D for the body.
- Teeth and bones start becoming weak if a body doesn’t get the required amount of vitamin D.
- Sunlight is the important source containing vitamin D. Apart from that you can increase the amount of vitamin D by including tomatoes, potatoes, milk, citrus
- Fruits and cauliflower in your diet.
- It will enable you to reach the height which is genetically destined.
- Vitamin D also helps the body to absorb calcium and phosphorus which also contributes to growing taller.
The vitamin D is yet another best vitamin for height growth among the adults. Vitamin D also helps fight hair loss. Taking in supplements for vitamin D will help give you a healthy hair.
How to Use: Fatty fish like tuna, salmon and mackerel are good sources of vitamin D. Beef liver, cheese and egg yolks are yet some more food that you can take as sources of vitamin D.
3. Vitamin C:
Vitamin C is also called as Ascorbic acid and is abundant in many of the citric fruits. They help flush out toxins of your body and keep your body neat.
- It helps in promoting the growth of teeth and bones. It also strengthens them.
- Vitamin C is one of the good antioxidants and thus prevents illness resulting in growth of body at a younger age.
- Tomatoes, citrus fruits, potatoes and berries are rich source of this vitamin.
We have heard much about the importance of Vitamin C to our body. Vitamin C helps strengthens the bones of your body.
How to Use: Guava, grapefruit, kiwi and orange have vitamin C in them. Make it a point to cut a bowl of these fruits and have them daily to see significant height increase.
4. Vitamin B2:
It is one of the important vitamins which help you in growing taller. Vitamin B12 is abundant in leafy vegetables and the best way to eat them is to include them in the salads for your kids.
- Riboflavin is another well-known name of vitamin B2.
- It also contributes to the growth of nails, bones, skin and hair.
- To increase riboflavin content in your body start including green and leafy vegetables, fish, milk and eggs in your diet.
How to Use: Vitamin B2 is present in your leafy vegetables. They give the required energy to your body and are necessary supplements as vitamins for height.
- Milk and all dairy products like cheese, curd, butter etc are very rich in calcium.
- Food sources like spinach, turnip greens, fortified products of soy and collards are also rich in calcium.
- Calcium should be taken on a regular basis to increase the strength and longevity of the bones resulting in the increase in height.
- Age wise requirement of calcium by the body:
From 1 to 5 years: 500 mg
From 5 to 10 years: 800 mg
From 10 to 20 years: 1300 mg
From 20 to 50 years and above that: 1000 to 1200 mg of calcium.
Needless to say, calcium will boost your bones and give it strength. They are also excellent supplements as vitamins that help you grow taller.
How to Use: One glass of milk and one at night is a must for adequate calcium requirement of the body. Cheese, sardines, yogurt and beans also have calcium in them. Remember to add them to your diet daily.
Calcium alone is not sufficient to make tissues and bones strong. We need phosphorus along with calcium. The combination of both is essential to attain the maximum results.
- It helps in digestion of vitamin riboflavin.
- Its deficiency will result in loss of bone. It helps in preventing osteoporosis.
- Body’s 80% phosphorus is present in bones.
- It prevents the slow growth of bones in children by preventing bone diseases like rickets. Thus contributing in the growth of height.
How to Use: Nuts, beans and fish contain an enormous amount of phosphorous and can be taken as a part of your dietary supplements. Take a handful of nuts and eat them as and when you like.
Eating healthy and good diet alone will not help you grow taller. A balanced diet with good exercise also helps a lot in increasing the height. We should encourage our children for some sports like swimming, aerobics and cycling which promotes the growth of bones and increase the metabolism of the body and thus helps to grow taller. The body responds positively at a young age to the vitamins to grow taller. They act accordingly and are necessary in your every day diet.